Making the move to secondary school can be a daunting experience for many of our youngsters. We have developed our transition programme around the need to support all involved, not only students but their families too.
- We visit many of our feeder primary schools to introduce ourselves which helps students to develop familiarity and recognise friendly faces.
- We offer lots of chances for students to visit us and experience fun sessions on our site, such as special treasures hunts and a Macbeth taster.
- Come and ‘see us in action’ to help students prepare for the step up from primary school.
- Join us for our transition week in July - students get to meet new friends which eases any anticipation and worry.
Our transition plans are a little different this year as we are following a virtual programme throughout the week of the 5th to 9th July, including:
- Meet your form tutor
- Experience different lessons
- Virtual tour of the school