At Sandymoor Ormiston Academy we have a strong commitment to fairness and equality in everything that we do.
- We aim to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
- We work hard to make our academy a safe and secure environment for all.
- We recognise people have different needs, and that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all the same.
- We recognise that some students require extra support.
- We make sure that people from different groups are involved in our decision making process.
We ensure nobody experiences harassment, less-favourable treatment or discrimination relating to:
- Ethnicity, colour or national origin
- Gender identity or reassignment
- Marital or civil partnership status
- Being pregnant or having recently had a baby
- Religion or beliefs
- Sexual identity or orientation
We pay due regard to the Equality Act 2010 to eliminate discrimination; to advance equality of opportunity; and to foster good relations.
We welcome the emphasis in the Ofsted inspection framework on the importance of narrowing gaps in achievement within the following groups:
- Students who have English as an additional language.
- Students who are supported by the pupil premium.
- Students who are disabled.
- Students who have special educational needs.
- Boys in certain subjects, and girls in certain subjects.
For more information about our work on equalities at Sandymoor Ormiston Academy please contact us. Progress towards meeting our equalities objectives is reviewed by the principal and governing body.