Sandymoor Ormiston Academy became part of the Ormiston Academies Trust (www.ormistonacademiestrust.co.uk) on 1 December 2019. The Trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee and the trustees are the charity trustees who are responsible for the general control and management of the administration of the Trust in accordance with the provisions set out in the Memorandum of Agreement.
The Trustees retain authority and responsibility for the following:-
- Compliance with the provisions of the funding agreements.
- Preparation and approval of the terms reference under which the Academy is governed.
- Agreement of the academy’s annual funding in consultation with the LGB.
- Compliance with the Academies Financial Handbook.
- Oversight with regard to the finances for the Academy.
- Determination of the corporate planning and strategy for the Academy and the Trust in consultation with the LGB.
- Determination of the extent of central services provided to the Academy by the Trust and how the costs should be allocated
- Determination of the cash flow policy for the Trust and the Academy and monitoring income and expenditure.
- Setting targets each financial year.
- Determination of any additional financial and reporting targets.
- As the legal employer for all staff, responsibility for human resources and procedures and terms and conditions of service.
- Appointment, job description, remuneration, approval and dismissal of the Principal.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- Compliance with all statutory regulations and Acts of Parliament governing the operation of the Academy.
- Determination of the admissions policy and arrangements for the Academy in accordance with admissions law and DfE codes of practice.
- Determination of the educational vision of the Academy in consultation with the LGB.
Subject to the limitations set out above, the Trustees delegate the day to day running of the academy to the Principal and the LGB. The LGB is specifically responsible for the following:-
- Implementations of actions required to comply with statutory regulations and the Funding Agreement.
- Implementation of the policies agreed by the Trustees with regard to admissions and educational vision of the Academy, including, but without limitation, the Academy’s Development Plan.
- Oversight of the Academy’s activities.
- Consideration of the Academy’s required funding and support to the Trustees in connection with the agreement with the DfE of the Academy’s budget.
- Monitoring and reviewing expenditure on a regular basis and ensure compliance with the overall financial plan for the Academy.
- Maintenance of proper accounting records and the preparation of income and expenditure and balance sheets as required by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Assisting the Trustees in complying with the provisions of the Funding Agreement where requested.
- Maintenance of the Academy estate in accordance with the guidelines established by the Trust.
- Implementation of the Trust’s procurement policies insofar as they impact on the Academy.
- Managing the Academy’s cash flow and monitoring expenditure by the Academy in accordance with policies determined by the Trustees.
- Notifying the Trust of any changes to fixed assets used by the Academy.
- The appointment, job description, appraisal and dismissal of all members of staff of the Academy excluding the Principal but the remuneration of every member of staff and their terms of service shall be within the parameters from time to time established by the Trustees.
- Submit copies of the Minutes of the Trust within 14 days of the date of each meeting of the LGB.
Clerk to the Governing Body: Mrs Alison Duncalf
To contact our governors, please, in the first instance email [email protected]
The Chair of the LGB may be contacted in writing. Envelopes should be marked Private and Confidential and addressed;
Care of the Clerk to the Governors, to the Chair of the LGB,
Sandymoor Ormiston Academy,